A number of our clients, as employers, have many responsibilities to navigate when it comes to their workforce. Our attorneys provide extensive expertise in employment law matters, including dispute resolution and litigation. Some common examples include:
- Contracts. Our employment attorneys have experience with and can prepare employment, compensation, benefit and severance agreements, including nondisclosure, nonsolicitation, noncompete and trade secret agreements.
- State and federal compliance. Our attorneys understand and will help your business comply with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and employee leave of absence law; the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC) regulations; Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations; and insurance and HIPAA compliance.
- Policies and procedures. Our employment attorneys can help review and draft comprehensive personnel and discipline policies for your business.
Other employment areas in which our attorneys have substantial experience include:
- Enforcing noncompete and trade secret agreements
- Wage and hour issues
- Discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination and whistleblower claims
- Labor relations and collective bargaining
If you are ready to hire your first employee, or if you are facing an issue related to a growing workforce, you cannot assume problems will take care of themselves. Today’s workforce has access to more information and support than ever before. Employers need and deserve sound and efficient legal counsel to advise them when faced with an employment dispute.
Litigation Risk Management
The time to avoid a costly lawsuit with an employee is before the dispute has a chance to start. By arming yourself with policies that comply with state and federal law, your business will minimize the chance of disgruntled workers suing you for violating their civil rights or mitigate the damage that may occur should the employee sue. If you are drafting or revising your employment handbook or manual, it makes sense to have an experienced employment attorney help you plan your objectives, review the language and manage your risk before it is too late.
Our business lawyers provide extensive experience in state and federal employment law matters, including:
- Drafting and review of employment policies
- Compensation and benefit plans
- Severance agreements
- Restrictive covenants for noncompete, nondisclosure and nonsolicitation
- Regulatory compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and employee leave of absence law
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC) regulations
- Federal wage and hour law, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Insurance and HIPAA compliance
We also represent management when actively engaged in a dispute or litigation over an employment law matter, including:
- Wrongful termination defense
- Discrimination or harassment claims defense
- Enforcing a noncompete agreement or confidentiality agreement
- Executive contract litigation
- Whistleblower claims defense
- Overtime pay, exempt/nonexempt status, breaks and paid time off
- Disputes involving the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
Contact Us About Our Employment Advising And Litigation Services
Call our offices in Cincinnati at 513-579-1500 or use the email contact form to schedule an opportunity to discuss your matter with one of our attorneys. We represent clients in Florida, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio.