Appointing guardians can minimize distress for family members who are concerned about protecting elderly loved ones and children who are unable to make sound decisions for themselves.
We explore all options when we use the law to protect your loved one’s best interests.
In Cincinnati, our lawyers at Buechner Haffer Meyers & Koenig Co., LPA, recognize the delicate nature of establishing guardianships. We provide compassionate and skilled counsel to family members who need our assistance with intricate estate planning issues.
Important Information About Guardianships
Guardianships are established and overseen by the probate court to protect both the financial affairs and ensure the personal care, of those who are unable, because of youth, age or infirmity, to protect or take care of their own affairs or self.
Family members, or other interested persons, can ask the court to establish a guardianship to protect someone who appears to be lacking ability to do so for him or herself and is therefore “incompetent.” Once appointed, a guardian is accountable to the probate court for providing proper care and management of the ward’s affairs.
Assisting You Throughout The Process
Our attorneys provide a range of guardianship services that include:
- Petitioning for guardianship/conservatorship
- Representing guardians or wards in proceedings
- Representing individuals trying to challenge or revoke a guardianship
- Preparing annual accounts
- Advising guardians of their rights and obligations We are ready and qualified to help you during initial proceedings. Our lawyers start the process by listening to your concerns and goals. We tailor our advice according to your family’s unique circumstances and concerns.